Best Estonian Companies 2016 Revealed
The title of the Company of the Year 2016 was awarded to the engineering industry company Hekotek AS at the award ceremony for the Best Estonian Companies 2016 held on 13 October. The gala for the best companies is organised by the Estonian Employers’ Confederation, Enterprise Estonia (EAS) and Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The Company of the Year was selected from among the winners of the Entrepreneurship Award organised by Enterprise Estonia (EAS) and Estonian Companies’ Competitiveness Ranking organised by the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The nominees for the Company of the Year title were Eastman Specialties OÜ, Hekotek AS, Proekspert AS, Estonian Cell AS, SPS Grupp OÜ, Adcash OÜ Tallink Grupp AS and Kohila Vineer OÜ.
“Enterprise Estonia is glad that the circle of candidates has widened with the companies of different areas of activity. This year’s Company of the Year is the flagship of the engineering industry – Hekotek, whose equipment is used by the biggest wood pellet factories and wood processing industries in the Baltic states. Additionally, the company has been investing several million euros into the expansion of production,” said Hanno Tomberg, Chairman of the Board of Enterprise Estonia (EAS).
”Recognising entrepreneurs for their contribution into the society has always been important for the Chamber,“ said Toomas Luman, President of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. “With giving these awards we recognise the best and set them as role models, but on the other hand this is our way of expressing our respect towards all entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial people, irrespective of their scope or area of activity,“ said Luman. “We have always supported promoting entrepreneurial thinking among young people and we hope that the tradition of the Young Entrepreneur Award will help us in fulfilling that aim even better.”
Tiit Kuuli, President of the Council of the Employers’ Confederation: ”The contribution of companies into the development of the society is worth recognition every day of the year. Anyone who creates even one job is helping to improve the welfare of the people living in Estonia. But the best stand out from the rest for thinking and dreaming big while executing with precision and acting as agreed.”
Winners of Enterprise Estonia’s (EAS) Entrepreneur of the Year 2016:
- Innovator of the Year – Estonian Cell AS
- Exporter of the Year – Hekotek AS
- Regional Company of the Year – Eastman Specialties OÜ
- Foreign Investor of the Year – Kohila Vineer OÜ
- Design Applier of the Year – Proekspert AS
Winners of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Competitiveness Ranking 2016:
- The Most Competitive Micro Company 2016 – SPS Grupp OÜ
- The Most Competitive Small and Medium-sized Company 2016 – AdCash OÜ
- The Most Competitive Large-Scale Company 2016– Tallink Grupp AS
The Most Competitive Companies 2016 by areas of activity:
- Stora Enso Eesti AS, industry and energy
- A. Le Coq AS, food industry
- Swedbank AS, financial brokerage
- Baltic Agro AS, wholesale
- Telia Eesti AS, communications and IT services
- Tallink Grupp AS, tourism
- Tallinna Kaubamaja Grupp AS, retail
- E.L.L. Kinnisvara AS, real estate
- Sillamäe Sadam ASB, transport and logistics
- Merko Ehitus AS, construction
- Olympic Entertainment Group AS, service
The Company of the Year was selected by the honourable jury consisting of the Minister of Entrepreneurship Liisa Oviir, Minister of Economic Affairs and Infrastructure Kristen Michal, Chairman of the Board of Kodumaja Grupp, the winner of Company of the Year 2015 Lembit Lump, President of Eesti Pank Ardo Hansson, Rector of the Tallinn University of Technology Jaak Aaviksoo, entrepreneur Oliver Väärtnõu (Chairman of the Board of Cybernetica AS) and entrepreneur Ruth Oltjer (Chairwoman of the Board of Chemi-Pharm AS, the winner of Company of the Year 2012).